Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WEblog of goOD BoOKS



What's up world o' blog? I started a new semester at CSUS yesterday and blogging came up. The teacher was expounding on the differences between a 25 year old's experience in business today vs. a 55 year old's experience 30 years ago. Long story short, he said we all need to mistakes in life, but today your friends immortalize those mistakes for you in their blogs. That's good news for those of us who are tech savvy parents because keeping tabs on the little ones should be much easier!


Okay, so on to the point of this post. I thought this would be a good place to start tracking books I would recommend to anyone as cool as me. A couple of weeks ago a Borders book store closed in Roseville (the recession is coming, run for your lives) so everything was 40% off. I packed up the family and we headed out to pick up some books. I didn't know what I would run into but it turned out to be "The Search" by Battelle. Since I had school starting this week I knew I needed to absorb it quickly. Once I started reading I was hooked. Cover to cover just an awesome read. Anyone interested in technology/business/culture/deep thinking about the future/coolness will definitely like this book. My copy is going to my brother next, and hopefully to several more people from there.

0 comments: